Headquartered in San Diego, California, U.S.A., Solar Turbines Incorporated, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is a leading manufacturer of industrial gas turbines with more than 12,000 units with over one billion operating hours in some 98 countries. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1.590 to 19.800 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 15 megawatts). As the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Solar has a global network of offices and facilities to support customers with a variety of service products and programs as well as an experienced technical support team.
Manager Materials Resource and Warehouse
Join Solar Turbines!
This position reports to the General Manager. Position requires the ability to effectively use and implement planning parameters, business planning and integration techniques and a high degree of Turbomachinery product and manufacturing process knowledge.
What will be your task at this position?
Position is responsible for managing resources from initial demand forecast through delivery of tested product.
Position is responsible for master scheduling, inventory and lead time management, developing manufacturing schedules, materials planning, developing capacity requirements, obsolescence management and disposition, new product introduction integration, engineering change control support and coordination, rough cut capacity planning.
Position is accountable for unit performance to schedule, inventory levels, release and control of product, developing reorder point and safety stock strategies, and the scheduling of manufacturing resources and materials to optimize unit performance to schedule.
Incumbent must be able to build teamwork across his/her organization and across other departments, while mentoring and developing direct reports.
Major challenges include:
Development of an achievable master schedule in accordance with the Sales and Operations (S & OP) committee approved production plan.
Improve inventory turns and asset utilization to achieve positive effect on Return on Assets (ROA) and cash flow objectives.
What do we expect from a suitable candidate?
• 5+ years in Warehouse and Material Planning work experience
• Knowledge of Baan LN and Baan 5C
• Proven results in leading others to execute high-level projects
• Has developed large-scale strategies
• Actively organizes team building across organization
• Known as a coach/mentor for others, good communication skills, fluency in English
• Prioritize and perform tasks in high-pressure environment
• 5-8 years’ experience in manufacturing industry
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
What is Solar Turbines offering to you?
- Excellent professional growth and career opportunities in an international environment of a worldwide leader in a very exciting and growing sector of industry
- Interesting remuneration package incl. 13th bonus and 14th bonus
- Company benefits, transport allowance
- Language trainings provided by company
ContactSolar Turbines EAME s.r.o.