Solar Turbines, an international company established in 1927 in California, USA, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines. We have a rich history of supplying cutting-edge products and providing world-class support to our customers in 98 different countries. Behind more than 90 years of tradition and good reputation stand generations of our employees. At the moment Solar Turbines employs more than 8500 people around the globe. Thanks to their know-how, skills and determination we are successfull in business to this day. At Solar Turbines we value everyone who decides to become a part of our unique and diverse world-wide team and want each and every employee to be successful.
In the Czech Republic, we have developed since 2010 a high-tech over-haul operations center in Žatec, testing center in Žebrák and an administrative office in Prague. However, we are still looking for other colleagues, who would like to participate in our unique projects. Are you the right person?
Buyer / Nákupčí
Join Solar Turbines!
We are looking for a new colleague to high-tech testing center in Žebrák to join our supply chain and purchasing team. This position reports to Supply Chain Manager, collaborates with internal buyers, production personnel and other internal stakeholder and liaisons with external suppliers within EU countries. The Buyer is mainly accountable for procurement of assigned commodities and services and management of suppliers in the portfolio.
What will be your tasks?
• Conduct selection procedures of new suppliers of consumables and other factory supplies, tooling and major capital items.
• Run daily business in Supply Chain – ad hoc request for quotations, solving of problems and difficulties, claims resolution.
• Maintain data in information system – issue purchase orders, manage discrepancies, check invoices, etc.
• Draft, negotiate and conclude contracts for services, long-term supplies and capital items.
• Supplier evaluation and development, contract management, ensuring compliance with all company and legal requirements.
What are we looking for?
• Positive and ambitious person interested in learning new things and contributing to success of whole team.
• Experience with Purchasing/ Supply Chain Process and Lean Manufacturing principles is of advantage, but you can make up for it by eagerness to quickly learn new things.
• Somebody always seeking possibilities for cost reductions but keeping the highest quality standards.
• You communicate in Czech and English language.
• Active driver with good PC skills (MS Office).
• You will need analytical, systematic and practical approach and strong organizational skills.
What is Solar Turbines offering to you?
• We work on long-term projects, we are not an assembly line production.
• Your Manager is ready to support your success by trainings, rotations and regular performance/developmental reviews, fostering your way to become an Expert and offering future career possibilities within our company.
• Advantages of working for an international company – an opportunity to work on international projects and travel abroad, an active use of foreign languages, a daily contact with foreign colleagues.
• Stability and tradition - the average time spent by an employee in our company is 15 years.
• Competitive remuneration package reflecting your experience and bonus structure – Solar Turbines shares its success with all employees
• Other interesting benefits:, e.g.:
- Meal vouchers, travel allowance, cafeteria system (benefit card), contributions to employees’ pension scheme and life insurance scheme
- Extra days of holidays after every year of service – loyalty pays off at Solar Turbines
- Languages courses for free – you will be part of a diverse international team
What else should you know?
At the moment we can offer limited contract for 18 months but we believe there will be a possibility to prolong it or find a different interesting possibility within our growing company in the future.
If you would like to get a better picture about our organizational culture and work ewnvironment, have a look at our web site https://solarturbines.jobs.cz/o-solar-turbines/ or at our company facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SolarTurbinesCZ.
ContactSolar Turbines EAME s.r.o.