Solar Turbines, an international company established in 1927 in California, USA, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines. We have a rich history of supplying cutting-edge products and providing world-class support to our customers in 98 different countries. Behind more than 90 years of tradition and good reputation stand generations of our employees. At the moment Solar Turbines employs more than 8500 people around the globe. Thanks to their know-how, skills and determination we are successfull in business to this day. At Solar Turbines we value everyone who decides to become a part of our unique and diverse world-wide team and want each and every employee to be successful.
In the Czech Republic, we have developed since 2010 a high-tech over-haul operations center in Žatec, testing center in Žebrák and an administrative office in Prague. However, we are still looking for other colleagues, who would like to participate in our unique projects. Are you the right person?
Technical Training Instructor
Join Solar Turbines!
We are looking for a new colleague to high-tech testing center in Žebrák to join our european technical training team.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 22 megawatts).
Do you want to become an expert on our products and share the knowledge with our colleagues and customers? We have a great opportunity for you!
What will be your tasks?
• Conduct Technical Training courses for customers and Field Service Representatives on the operation and maintenance of Solar gas turbine power generation and oil and gas product lines.
• Develop and conduct customized training courses for specific customer package configurations.
• Research and update existing training courseware.
• Occasional mostly european but also worldwide travel to regional training centers and customer sites/offices.
• Part of the role of this position is to act as the local facility lead for the Zebrak Technical Training facility with responsibility for the specialist training equipment upkeep and day to day training logistics activities.
What qualifications are we looking for?
• Knowledge and at least few years experience in mechanical or electrical engineering or a related subject.
• Experience with gas turbine, centrifugal compressors and power generation products including microprocessor-based control systems are of great advantage, but the most important is willingness to quickly learn new things.
• Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
• You communicate in English, Czech language is of advantage.
• Good PC skills (MS Office).
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills essential to effectively convey complex technical concepts to our customers, often from diverse, multi-cultural backgrounds and sometimes with limited English language skills.
• Must be able to proactively anticipate problems and be able to resolve them quickly and effectively.
• Positive and motivated person interested in contributing to success of whole team.
What can you expect from working for Solar Turbines apart from an interesting job and a great team?
• We work on long-term projects, we are not an assembly line production.
• Your Manager is ready to provide you with several months of initial training on our products and continuously support your success by trainings, rotations and regular performance/developmental reviews, fostering your way to become an Expert and offering future career possibilities within our company.
• Advantages of working for an international company – an opportunity to work on international projects and travel abroad, an active use of foreign languages, a daily contact with foreign colleagues.
• Stability and tradition - the average time spent by an employee in our company is 15 years.
• Competitive remuneration package reflecting your experience and bonus structure – Solar Turbines shares its success with all employees
• Other interesting benefits:, e.g.:
- Meal vouchers, travel allowance, cafeteria system (benefit card), contributions to employees’ pension scheme and life insurance scheme
- Extra days of holidays after every year of service – loyalty pays off at Solar Turbines
- Languages courses for free – you will be part of a diverse international team
If you are interested, please send us your CV in English.
If you would like to get a better picture about our organizational culture and work ewnvironment, have a look at our web site https://solarturbines.jobs.cz/o-solar-turbines/ or at our company facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SolarTurbinesCZ.
KontaktSolar Turbines EAME s.r.o.