Solar Turbines, an international company established in 1927 in California, USA, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines. We have a rich history of supplying cutting-edge products and providing world-class support to our customers in 98 different countries. Behind more than 90 years of tradition and good reputation stand generations of our employees. At the moment Solar Turbines employs more than 8500 people around the globe. Thanks to their know-how, skills and determination we are successful in business to this day. At Solar Turbines we value everyone who decides to become a part of our unique and diverse world-wide team and want each and every employee to be successful.
In the Czech Republic, we have developed since 2010 a high-tech over-haul operations center in Žatec, testing center in Žebrák and an administrative office in Prague. However, we are still looking for other colleagues, who would like to participate in our unique projects. Are you the right person?
Join Solar Turbines!
Mfg Engineer primarily responsible for the technical and quality aspects of part production and assembly associated with the remanufacture of Gas Turbines. The duties for this position include common technical and quality supports of operation, CNC programmers, planners, process and manufacturing engineers.
What will be your tasks?
• Assumes responsibility for the output and validation of engineering data that conforms to Company objectives regarding product performance, cost quality manufacturability and maintainability.
• Requires limited use/application of standard engineering principles, theories, and concepts of: mechanical design, aero-thermodynamics, heat transfer, drafting/CADs, computer code development, and materials with an understanding of established analytical/scientific methods and procedures.
• Communication of requirements to support personnel e.g. CNC Programmers & shop floor Machinists, Fixture designers & makers, Gauge designers & makers for solving common production problems.
• Process failure analysis & Corrective action.
• Interacts with shop employees to establish time standards and gather other data. Analyzes a variety of details and figures to measure shop capacity and performance.
• As a member of a team, recommends and implement continuous manufacturing improvements, the introduction of new equipment, participating on rapid improvement workshops, etc..
What do we expect from a suitable candidate?
• Min. high school degree.
• Min 3 years’ experience in remanufacturing process
• Understanding of Lathe, Milling, Balancing and Grinding machines.
• Good ability to read and write in English language, intermediate communication capability in English is desired
• Strong knowledge of inspection equipment.
• An understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems.
• Basic ability in a CAD software.
• Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing principles is desirable.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings and Manufacturing instructions
What can you expect from working for Solar Turbines apart from an interesting job and a great team?
• We work on long-term projects, we are not an assembly line production.
• Your Manager is ready to provide you with several months of initial training on our products and continuously support your success by trainings, rotations and regular performance/developmental reviews, fostering your way to become an Expert and offering future career possibilities within our company.
• Advantages of working for an international company – an opportunity to work on international projects and travel abroad, an active use of foreign languages, a daily contact with foreign colleagues.
• Stability and tradition - the average time spent by an employee in our company is 15 years.
• Competitive remuneration package reflecting your experience and bonus structure – Solar Turbines shares its success with all employees
• Other interesting benefits:, e.g.:
- Meal vouchers, travel allowance, cafeteria system (benefit card), contributions to employees’ pension scheme and life insurance scheme
- Extra days of holidays after every year of service – loyalty pays off at Solar Turbines
- Languages courses for free – you will be part of a diverse international team
If you are interested, please send us your CV in Czech and English.
If you would like to get a better picture about our organizational culture and work ewnvironment, have a look at our web site https://solarturbines.jobs.cz/o-solar-turbines/ or at our company facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SolarTurbinesCZ.
KontaktSolar Turbines EAME s.r.o.