Solar Turbines, an international company established in 1927 in California, USA, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines. We have a rich history of supplying cutting-edge products and providing world-class support to our customers in 98 different countries. Behind more than 90 years of tradition and good reputation stand generations of our employees. At the moment Solar Turbines employs more than 8500 people around the globe. Thanks to their know-how, skills and determination we are successful in business to this day. At Solar Turbines we value everyone who decides to become a part of our unique and diverse world-wide team and want each and every employee to be successful.
In the Czech Republic, we have developed since 2010 a high-tech over-haul operations center in Žatec, testing center in Žebrák and an administrative office in Prague. However, we are still looking for other colleagues, who would like to participate in our unique projects. Are you the right person?
Field Service Representative / Engineer
Join Solar Turbines!
This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative and deals with customer service assignment including on-site preventive maintenance and inspection service work, call-out services and commissioning activities on Solar gas turbine package.
• Understands and complies with Solar Turbines and customer HSSE policies and procedures.
• Ensure the work permit system is complied with.
• Ensure a safe site and practices.
• Participates by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings and completing all required safety and compliance training.
• Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
• Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with Solar Turbines Engineering specifications, recommendations and best practices.
• Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the maintenance of various equipment associated with primary and utility equipment.
• Must be able to proactively recognize electrical/mechanical abnormalities and potential safety problems and take appropriate actions to prevent a serious safety hazards from developing and causing damage to equipment.
Who are we looking for?
• Successful candidates will have served a recognized apprenticeship or equivalent period of training.
• Will possess a technical qualification e.g. Degree, HNC/HND, ONC, C&G, Aviation Engineer’s license, Marine Engineers Certificate and will have experience in a related industry.
• Higher experience/skill levels may balance lower academic qualifications, and vice versa.
• This experience may be either Mechanical or Instrument/Electrical and the Field Service Representative will be capable of a cross-disciplined approach to the job.
• The candidate will have the ability to program and perform basic troubleshooting on PLC systems.
• English verbal, reading and writing skills are mandatory.
• Candidate should also speak, write and read Czech on a technical level.
• Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience.
• Valid VISA for the Czech Republic necessary.
• Experience in an overseas/offshore environment and familiarity with rotating equipment and PLC systems is beneficial
• Familiarity with Gas Turbine theory and operational practice including control system logic, driven equipment and processes both upstream and downstream is beneficial
What can you expect from working for Solar Turbines apart from an interesting job and a great team?
• We work on long-term projects, we are not an assembly line production.
• Your Manager is ready to support your success by training, rotations and regular performance reviews, fostering your way to become an expert and offering future career possibilities within our company.
• Advantages of working for an international company – an opportunity to work on international projects and travel abroad, active use of foreign languages and daily contact with international colleagues.
• Stability and tradition - the average time spent by an employee in our company is 15 years.
• Competitive remuneration package reflecting your experience and bonus structure – Solar Turbines shares its success with all employees.
• Other interesting benefits:
o Meal vouchers, travel allowance, cafeteria system (benefit card), contributions to employees’ pension and life insurance scheme
o 25 days of holidays
o Languages courses for free – you will be part of a diverse international team
KontaktSolar Turbines EAME s.r.o.