Solar Turbines, an international company established in 1927 in California, USA, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines. We have a rich history of supplying cutting-edge products and providing world-class support to our customers in 98 different countries. Behind more than 90 years of tradition and good reputation stand generations of our employees. At the moment Solar Turbines employs more than 8500 people around the globe. Thanks to their know-how, skills and determination we are successful in business to this day. At Solar Turbines we value everyone who decides to become a part of our unique and diverse world-wide team and want each and every employee to be successful.
In the Czech Republic, we have developed since 2010 a high-tech over-haul operations center in Žatec, testing center in Žebrák and an administrative office in Prague. However, we are still looking for other colleagues, who would like to participate in our unique projects. Are you the right person?
Field Installation Representative
Join Solar Turbines!
Perform all Tasks relevant to package system upgrades and Control Retrofit Installations.
Plan and execute the removal, modification, rework, and installation of package controls and package systems to upgrade industrial gas turbine packages to customer specifications and schedule requirements. Applies knowledge in related turbo-machinery fields, conforms to all HSSE, quality, environmental, electrical, and Solar standards during performance of duties.
Applies technical, mechanical, electrical, and hydro-mechanical skills required to perform all aspects of controls and package system upgrades on supported product lines. Leads and directs the activities of other FIRs on project deliverables. Works from limited documented instructions including engineering drawings and schematics. Operates, inspects, and maintains all equipment required to complete a safe package systems upgrade. Applies advanced skills in conduit and cable tray installation, tube bending and installation, and sub-assembly techniques required to complete package systems upgrades. Actively promote continuous improvement activities associated with PSU products and execution processes.
What will be your tasks/responsibilities?
• Work permit program understanding and compliance.
• Participate in general safety meetings and toolbox (Tailgate) safety briefings including Work Place Hazard and Task Risk Assessment reviews. Submit safety suggestions identified as appropriate.
• Plan, execute, and/or assist in the removal of the obsolete control console, interconnect wiring, package system components, and conduit/cable tray & tubing that will be deleted, replaced or upgraded per the project Application Check Sheet.
• Install and assist in the placement of the new control console. Plan, develop and execute the layout for all new package system components, replacement and modification of all conduit/cable tray & tubing necessary to accommodate the new controls, components, and package systems per the project Application Check Sheet.
• Rewire package junction box, new components, and package inter-connect wiring as specified in the project Application Check Sheets.
• Act as project leader and customer liaison on some projects of lower complexity.
• Assist commissioning Field Service Representative in the completion of cold loop checks prior to demobilizing.
• Inventory and maintain parts/tool modules to support Package Systems Upgrades (PSU) Field installations.
• Assist in building pre-engineered kits and component sub-assemblies to support PSU Value Stream.
Who are we looking for?
• Engineering Degree or qualified technical/engineering school degree.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 year experience in the Turbomachinery industry and balance of plant installations.
• English speaking is a must, Czech or any other language is an advantage.
• Hands-on (mechanics and electrical) and tooling experience is a must.
• Computer and communication skills.
• Candidate must be able to obtain a passport.
• Be ready to travel worldwide (50%)
• Pass an offshore medical physical and BOSIET training.
• CompEx certification or equivalent is a must.
• Valid VISA for the Czech Republic necessary.
What can you expect from working for Solar Turbines apart from an interesting job and a great team?
• We work on long-term projects, we are not an assembly line production.
• Your Manager is ready to support your success by training, rotations and regular performance/developmental reviews, fostering your way to become an Expert and offering future career possibilities within our company.
• Advantages of working for an international company – an opportunity to work on international projects and travel abroad, active use of foreign languages and daily contact with foreign colleagues.
• Stability and tradition - the average time spent by an employee in our company is 15 years.
• Competitive remuneration package reflecting your experience and bonus structure – Solar Turbines shares its success with all employees
Other interesting benefits:
• Meal vouchers, travel allowance, cafeteria system (benefit card), contributions to employees’ pension scheme and life insurance scheme
• 25 days of holidays
• Languages courses for free – you will be part of a diverse international team
KontaktSolar Turbines EAME s.r.o.