Solar Turbines, an international company established in 1927 in California, USA, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines. We have a rich history of supplying cutting-edge products and providing world-class support to our customers in 98 different countries. Behind more than 90 years of tradition and good reputation stand generations of our employees. At the moment Solar Turbines employs more than 8500 people around the globe. Thanks to their know-how, skills and determination we are successful in business to this day. At Solar Turbines we value everyone who decides to become a part of our unique and diverse world-wide team and want each and every employee to be successful.
In the Czech Republic, we have developed since 2010 a high-tech over-haul operations center in Žatec, testing center in Žebrák and an administrative office in Prague. However, we are still looking for other colleagues, who would like to participate in our unique projects. Are you the right person?
Join Solar Turbines!
As a Reliability Engineer you will support Customer service European Product Center (EPC) in Zebrak – Czech Republic opened in 2017. Working at this brand-new facility requires close interaction with EPC Product Engineers, Test Engineers as well Production, Testing and Planning departments together with close bounds with Manufacturing Engineers from local Remanufacturing Facility located one hour drive from EPC. Furthermore, you will cooperate with Reliability Engineering team located in Texas US as well with Turbomachinery Product Designer and Project Engineers together with Customer Services located in California US.
Reliability Engineer is mainly focused on two disciplines:
• Disassembly investigation leadership on turbomachinery equipment returning from the field
• Document and trend product issues and provide preliminary investigation on possible Failure Analysis.
• Provide special instruction, direction, and support for disassembly activities
• Provide customer facing presentations (fleet reliability summary, disassembly summary, technical expertise)
• Member of technical Product Support Team communicating fleet issues, validating design improvements
• Disassembly investigation leadership on all Overhaul and select new turbomachinery equipment acceptance test failures
• Document and trend product issues
• Provide root cause consensus leadership and oversee corrective actions
• Lead and develop special engineering instructions and processes related to test
• Support Overhaul production test disposition
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (or equivalent technical and engineering experience), preferably Aerospace or Mechanical
• Experience in the manufacturing, assembly or repair of gas turbine engines.
• Experienced in following engineering specifications and processes
• Experienced in applying statistical analysis tools
• Skilled in reading and interpreting engineering drawings including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
• Proficient in engineering and office-based computer applications
• Knowledge of Sigma tools and lean production
• Czech and English is required
• Willing to learn new things and support improvements, some travelling to customer sites and teams located in US are expected.
What is Solar Turbines offering to you?
- Excellent professional growth and career opportunities in an international environment of a worldwide leader in a very exciting and growing sector of the industry
- Interesting remuneration package incl. 13th bonus and 14th bonus
- Company benefits, transport allowance
- 5 weeks of holidays
- Language training provided by company
ContactSolar Turbines EAME s.r.o.