Solar Turbines, an international company established in 1927 in California, USA, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines. We have a rich history of supplying cutting-edge products and providing world-class support to our customers in 98 different countries. Behind more than 90 years of tradition and good reputation stand generations of our employees. At the moment Solar Turbines employs more than 8500 people around the globe. Thanks to their know-how, skills and determination we are successful in business to this day. At Solar Turbines we value everyone who decides to become a part of our unique and diverse world-wide team and want each and every employee to be successful.
In the Czech Republic, we have developed since 2010 a high-tech over-haul operations center in Žatec, testing center in Žebrák and an administrative office in Prague. However, we are still looking for other colleagues, who would like to participate in our unique projects. Are you the right person?
Supply Chain Manager
Join Solar Turbines!
This position reports directly to the Director, Global Supply Chain Management, and is accountable for the Supply Chain teams across EAME. The Regional based Supply Chain group has accountability for the development of a regional supply base, global compliance regulations, maintaining a long-term regional sourcing strategy, commercial negotiations, purchasing contract management, material planning and forecasting, logistics and supplier product quality management including root cause on corrective action. The successful candidate should be knowledgeable on continuous process improvement, lean 6 Sigma, Lean and built in quality. The Supply Chain Area Sr. Manager is the leader accountable for supporting all business requiring Supply Chain support within the region, including all aspects of the new equipment, aftermarket support, and manufacturing. This includes accountability for business risk management, capacity planning, supplier quality, cost reduction and sourcing.
The accountabilities of this position have a significant impact on Solar’s product cost competitiveness, Solar’s lead times for responding to customer demand, Solar’s product quality, and Solar’s nimbleness regarding our ability to flex up or down quickly to meet changing market demands. This position collaborates with external business partners, including company Presidents and General Managers, to create a competitive advantage for the enterprise by developing, optimizing, and integrating a world-class supply base. This includes developing complex relationships including the development of alliance suppliers, initiating and executing Purchase & Sale Agreements, and recommendation of supplier investment opportunities. This also includes the development of supplier relationship to our supplier's suppliers as necessary to ensure Solar is positioned for growth and business continuation. In addition, this position works closely with other Solar leaders and engineering groups to influence manufacturing / development decisions based on future supply availability / feasibility and product cost impacts.
What will be your task at this position?
• Provide strategic leadership in the area of supply base cost reduction, business risk management, capacity planning, and sourcing for multiple supply chain organizations.
• Be a leader of leaders by setting global Supply Chain strategies and specific SMART goals for various supply chain groups, monitoring progress to goals, and taking action to ensure objectives are met.
• Participate and represent the Supply Chain in critical business initiatives, such as the development of an Electric Motor Drives, Mobile Power Units or other new product strategy, provide supply chain leadership for major business cost reduction initiatives, participate in New Product Introduction steering committees for specific product development initiatives, provide supply chain leadership on international facility initiatives, help develop local content country strategies for applicable commodities, champion inventory reduction initiatives, provide strategic leadership and be accountable for supply chain related regulatory or compliance initiatives.
• Ensure responsible Supply Chain organizations are synchronized with Solar’s Manufacturing Operations and Customer Services demand.
• Collaborate with peer Supply Chain leaders and Supply Chain Processes Leads to ensure Supply Chain processes are efficient, compliant, and that they are consistently being followed across geographical regions.
• Be accountable for ensuring that each of their Supply Chain value stream organizations maintain a high performing team of Supply Chain professionals consisting of Sourcing Specialists, Buyers, Supplier Technical Engineers, Supplier Development Engineers, and as applicable Planners/Supply Chain Coordinators, capable of supporting Solar’s Supply Chain needs now and into the future.
• Manage department budgets, staffing / employee costs, succession plans, capital plans to ensure annual business plan commitments are met.
What do we expect from a suitable candidate?
• This position requires a strong understanding and expose to global business processes and systems. Demonstrated success in the areas of leadership, strategy development and execution, commercial negotiations, complex problem solving, collaboration, multi-tasking and strong business results. Also required are a strong knowledge of planning, manufacturing and engineering principles. Extensive leadership experience required.
• Experience in the O&G or Power Generation and/or customer facing commercial roles considered in lieu of Supply Chain experience.
• Experience in additional disciplines preferred, e.g., purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, and/or engineering. Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management also preferred, e.g., Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified in Production and Inventory Management, (CPIM), Certified in Integration Resource Management (CIRM), and/or Certified Supply Chain, Professional (CSCP), Certified 6 Sigma. Previous 6 Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt or Sponsor experience preferred. Strong professional experience with demonstrated success is more important than any discrete certification.
• Candidate must be a proactive leader, able to work at the strategic level while managing to the process level to ensure results. Candidate must be willing to roll up their sleeves and help ensure success.
• Must has a strong customer focus and work to achieve strong business outcomes.
• Minimum Bachelor´s degree with 10+ years of experience.
• English is must Czech language would be a plus, but not required
What is Solar Turbines offering to you?
- Excellent professional growth and career opportunities in an international environment of a worldwide leader in a very exciting and growing sector of industry
- Interesting remuneration package incl. 13th bonus and 14th bonus
- 5 weeks holiday
- Company benefits, transport allowance
- Pension or life insurance up 24 000 CZ/per year
- Language trainings provided by company
- Cafeteria system etc.
ContactSolar Turbines EAME s.r.o.