Solar Turbines, an international company established in 1927 in California, USA, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines. We have a rich history of supplying cutting-edge products and providing world-class support to our customers in 98 different countries. Behind more than 90 years of tradition and good reputation stand generations of our employees. At the moment Solar Turbines employs more than 8500 people around the globe. Thanks to their know-how, skills and determination we are successful in business to this day. At Solar Turbines we value everyone who decides to become a part of our unique and diverse world-wide team and want each and every employee to be successful.
In the Czech Republic, we have developed since 2010 a high-tech over-haul operations center in Žatec, testing center in Žebrák and an administrative office in Prague. However, we are still looking for other colleagues, who would like to participate in our unique projects. Are you the right person?
Join Solar Turbines!
We are looking for 2 new colleagues to join our Supply Chain team. This part time role is suitable for students who are in their last year of university and are interested in Supply Chain. You can get experinece in the area of contracting, supplier negotiations, and compliance. This role is for 6 month and we need somebody who is able to work at least 20 hours a week.
What will be your task at this position?
This position is responsible for participating in a project focused in improving Supply Chain compliance within the EAME region. The project will aim to implement Data Privacy Agreements for external business partners who are receiving, processing or storing employee personal sensitive information from Solar Turbines. The candidate will collaborate with the Regional Supply Chain procurement team in assessing the supplier base to deploy the right data privacy agreements and will have the support of other functions like Compliance and Legal in support of the project.
Effectively evaluate, improve, and sustain Supply Chain compliance regarding Data Privacy.
Leads commercial negotiations and is accountable for timely contract execution and maintenance of Data Privacy Agreements in Solar Turbines supplier database.
Nature and Scope:
This position acts with a sense of urgency and is diligent in providing timely support to the Supply Chain organization. This individual operates in compliance with corporate and Supply Chain policies and procedures. The candidate will work within a team structure and report directly to the Supply Chain Manager. There is an expectation to participate on the project from conception to completion which directly will support organizational objectives.
What do we expect from a suitable candidate?
• Positive and ambitious person interested in learning new things and contributing to success of whole team.
• You communicate well in business English. Additional European language capabilities are a strong plus.
• You have some experience in legal agreements.
• You are a university student studying Legal, Economics, Supply Chain Management or relevant.
• If not a student, you have had exposure to negotiating commercial agreements with external suppliers.
• You are a self-starter, take initiative, and make recommendation when problems are identified.
• Active driver with good PC skills (MS Office and ERP systems).
What is Solar Turbines offering to you?
- Excellent professional growth and career opportunities in an international environment of a worldwide leader in a very exciting and growing sector of industry
ContactSolar Turbines EAME s.r.o.