Solar Turbines, an international company established in 1927 in California, USA, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines. We have a rich history of supplying cutting-edge products and providing world-class support to our customers in 98 different countries. Behind more than 90 years of tradition and good reputation stand generations of our employees. At the moment Solar Turbines employs more than 8500 people around the globe. Thanks to their know-how, skills and determination we are successful in business to this day. At Solar Turbines we value everyone who decides to become a part of our unique and diverse world-wide team and want each and every employee to be successful.
In the Czech Republic, we have developed since 2010 a high-tech over-haul operations center in Žatec, testing center in Žebrák and an administrative office in Prague. However, we are still looking for other colleagues, who would like to participate in our unique projects. Are you the right person?
Sr Sales Engineer only for internal candidates
Position is responsible for the sale of new turbomachinery systems, construction services and aftermarket services as part of initial new project sales. Has both direct technical and commercial sales responsibility for Solar turbomachinery systems within an assigned geographic area and for specific customer accounts. Consults with the Sales Manager, to prepare commercial and technical proposals and represent the company in negotiations with potential customers. Marshalls resources within Project Application Engineering (PAE), Customer Services, Construction Services, Contracts and Finance departments, as well as others to respond to customer needs, to finalize the contract or purchase order and meet customer expectations.Position is preferrably located in Prague.
What will be your tasks/responsibilities?
• Assists Sales Managers to define, communicate and execute Solar’s overall competitive strategy.
• Develops individual sales plans to meet targets and to assure customer satisfaction.
• Develops plans for customer calls, technical presentations, and appropriate customer entertainment.
• When applicable, attends industry conferences to establish contacts and to keep up to date with the technology.
• Identify with the help of the Sales Manager, the Sr. Sales Engineer priorities, competitive threats, potential to deliver to customer expectations, pricing, challenges, opportunities, etc.
• Works closely with PAE to prepare professional proposals, performance analysis and input regarding commercial terms and conditions. Provides feedback, insights and recommendations regarding market activity and competition.
• Has a large degree of latitude in the way work is executed. The Sales Manager checks periodically to assure that all work product complies with company policies and procedures and is in concert with the company’s overall sales strategy
• Applies in-depth knowledge of turbomachinery products and services in the Oil and Gas markets to identify sales opportunities, propose solutions, and to convince customers that our products differentiate Solar as the best company to meet their needs.
• Develops a sales plan and forecast for assigned territory to support company wide goals and strategies. Plans all of the actions necessary to meet objectives. Assists less experienced Sales Engineers as they develop their plans.
• Manages client relations, develops new contacts and markets. Manages key customer interface and on-going relations with clients to assure all technical services are delivered as expected, to assure the next sale, and to assure Solar delivers to customer expectations.
• Researches the Oil and Gas markets to understand the optimum applications for Solar products. Continually refreshes knowledge about the details of the client’s business to fully understand the challenges and identify which Solar products are the optimal applications. Seeks out information on competitor technical and commercial developments, tactics, etc., and assures the information is relayed to the Solar departments that should be advised.
• Ensures all activities to fulfill contracts are in compliance with all company policies.
• Functions in multicultural environments, collaborating with other professionals to prepare technical and commercial proposals and coordinate contract details as well as to respond to unique project conditions/demands. Deals with dynamic, fast paced, ever shifting conditions and challenges.
What do we expect from a suitable candidate?
• Requires a minimum of a BS degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or equivalent engineering degree, and at least 5 years experience in related engineering assignments, preferably with turbomachinery applications.
• Beyond the degree and engineering assignments, the Sr. level requires at least three years in customer-facing position, preferably with commercial experience. An MBA is not mandatory but is considered to be an asset.
• Must demonstrate a strong working knowledge of turbomachinery principles and theory, mechanical and electrical engineering and Solar applications.
• Must demonstrate strong presentation skills and the ability to function well under pressure.
• Strong negotiations experience is necessary, along with the ability to represent the company positively and with confidence.
• Must demonstrate a great ability to connect cross culturally as well as cross functionally and to lead others in customer relations.
• Must have a solid knowledge of Oil and Gas markets and turbomachinery applications.
• Requires experience preparing and delivering proposals
• Strong leadership skills are required; in order to secure resources necessary to prepare proposals, deliver on commitments and to influence the customer to select Solar products.
• Extensive travel required within the assigned territory.
• Requires fluency in English. Other languages are a plus.
ContactSolar Turbines EAME s.r.o.