Solar Turbines, an international company established in 1927 in California, USA, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines. We have a rich history of supplying cutting-edge products and providing world-class support to our customers in 98 different countries. Behind more than 90 years of tradition and good reputation stand generations of our employees. At the moment Solar Turbines employs more than 8500 people around the globe. Thanks to their know-how, skills and determination we are successful in business to this day. At Solar Turbines we value everyone who decides to become a part of our unique and diverse world-wide team and want each and every employee to be successful.
In the Czech Republic, we have developed since 2010 a high-tech over-haul operations center in Žatec, testing center in Žebrák and an administrative office in Prague. However, we are still looking for other colleagues, who would like to participate in our unique projects. Are you the right person?
Service parts sales administrative specialist
What will be your tasks/responsibilities?
- Support service parts requirements for internal and external customers:
- Receive and process requests for quotes. Given a parts listing (request for quote) by the customer, you validate the appropriate part numbers, pricing, and lead times to assure customer needs can be met. Acknowledge the quotes for the customer with terms and conditions noted.
- Receive Purchase Order (PO) from customer. Review terms and conditions. Identify all discrepancies or conflicts in the terms and conditions. Consult with lead or the manager to assure the terms and conditions are acceptable. Address these issues with the customer. Obtain final agreement with customer. Enter and acknowledges order to customer.
- Keep customer apprised of status. Solve all related problems that might surface during the process. Expedite as necessary to meet customer demands. Advise and negotiate with peers when required to consider conflicting priorities or simultaneous need for limitedparts. Issue shipping instructions and any special packaging requirements. Coordinate with other Solar departments to assure the order is brought in to meet original promise date. Monitor order to point of delivery, follow up to resolve any customer concerns with order shipment.
- Process service orders in support of Solar maintenance contracts or warranty obligations.
What do we expect from a suitable candidate?
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics or the demonstrable equivalent in relevant work experience
- A minimum 2 year experience on international sales administration/logistics environment is recommended
- Must possess a general understanding of INCOTERMS,Export and Custom Regulations
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys contact with customers
- Attentive to details and focus on quality
- Good command of Excel (basic formulas, lookups, pivots, simple macros), Outlook, and in general MS Office producs.
- Proficiency in English is mandatory, Czech and/or Russian will be a plus
- Positive and ambitious person interested in learning new skills and contributing to success of whole team.
ContactSolar Turbines EAME s.r.o.