Solar Digital as Customer Service group of Solar Turbines is the global organization responsible for InSight Platform technology and the relentless innovation of the entire ecosystem, capabilities, and customer user experience. Solar Digital is obsessively customer-centric with a passion for cutting edge technology. With deep expertise in cyber-security, machine data acquisition, software development, product knowledge, analytics, and regional teams around the world, it is dedicated to deliver digital solutions for Customer success.
Main Mission is to provide world-class secure digital solutions for asset lifecycle management to ensure our customers success. Solar Digital is building better, smarter world through technology partnerships with its customers. Highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software and services.
Cyber Security Architect
Join Solar Turbines!
Solar Digital is a global product development organization focused on adding customer value through digital solutions, building commercial software and technology. We enhance the traditional product/service portfolio as well as pioneer new products, services, and business model to help our customers be successful.
As a Cybersecurity Architect, you will contribute in software development community in order to provide architecture solutions and counsel to Solar Digital products and services and manage technology footprint.
The position provides leadership direction and accountability for implementing security strategies across system and application architecture plans, technology design and lifecycle, and information integrity by promoting secure-by-design principles through enterprise-wide security related processes/reviews and standard compliance practices. A cybersecurity architect will consult with teams to embed security strategies, approaches, and solutions, conduct security reviews, and recommend how to proceed with the applications.
What will be your task at this position?
Key areas of accountability include leading the security reviews of architecture solutions for strategic projects and programs; developing and maintaining global security roadmaps and application evolution plans; leading in the evaluation of new technology, information or integration standards; and developing cybersecurity strategy for a specific technical or business domain.
Responsibilities include one or more of the following:
• Develop a complete understanding of a company’s technology and information systems
• Align organizational security strategy and infrastructure with overall business and technology strategy
• Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
• Perform or supervise vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
• Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
• Test security systems to ensure they behave as expected
• Respond immediately to security-related incidents and provide thorough remedial solutions and analysis
• Regularly communicate vital information, security needs and priorities to upper management
• Review and contribute to product Vision, Roadmap and feature planning
• Participate in Scaled Agile team events ensuring the team is continually improving and developing the correct capabilities to satisfy the customer needs
• Lead Architecture design of integrated systems across site or regional projects and programs
• Contribute to prioritization value cases (user stories) in development backlog
• Guide/Mentor/Coach/ Support junior software engineers on team on day to day basis
• Work with respective product owner(s) to streamline execution of release priorities that satisfy the business needs of customers
• Incorporate feedback from customers, end users, and key stakeholders to continually increase security and value for our customers
• Facilitate business and technical analysis sessions to support new web and mobile application development efforts to meet current and projected business needs
• Collaborate with multiple teams to ensure a common vision and strategic execution
• Facilitate the success of an agile team through leadership, commitment and diligent value definition related to the market a product is serving
• Liaise with the appropriate departments of the organization regarding security duties
• Demonstrate understanding of Identity and access management principles
• Participate in the change management process and ensure security focus is sufficient to mitigate risks introduced during development
• Triage, categorize & escalate vulnerabilities as identified
What do we expect from a suitable candidate?
• Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information technology, or related field or equivalent work experience.
• 10 or more years of a progressive career in software engineering and architecture
• Strong demonstratable experience delivering product and/or enterprise architecture/design for enterprise scale solutions in public cloud and hybrid cloud eco-systems.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach and/or persuade others on new technologies, new applications, or potential solutions
Top candidates will also have:
• B.S. degree or higher (or equivalent experience) in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• 10 or more years of experience developing in customer-facing software development efforts
• The ability to think like a malicious hacker to anticipate and defend one’s organization against information security risks
• The ability to think like a business executive, manage security team members and communicate effectively with key stakeholders
• Highly hands on experience on one/many programming platforms such as Java/J2EE/.NET/Python/Cloud/Hybrid Mobile along with respective patterns for design/security/hosting
• Experience with SonarQube, Fortify SCA & Web Inspect, JFrog Xray. Understanding of SAST, DAST, IAST & RASP tools
• Hands on experience on architecture, design, hosting and security considerations for various technology solutions and integrations
• Motivated self-starter who can work with team members to strategically define/contribute for product release objectives, roadmaps
• Capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
• Some experience and demonstrated skill organizing and articulating complex technology concepts
• Ability to collaborate on international and cross organization teams
• Experience with Agile development cycles
• Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to recommend creative solutions to business and technical challenges
• A curious thinker who is passionate about solving problems, executing on ideas, and delivering tangible solutions
• Good written and oral communications skills in English
What is Solar Turbines offering to you?
• Excellent professional growth and career opportunities in an international environment of a worldwide leader in a very exciting and growing sector of industry
• Pension Plan - Company Contribution to III. Pillar
• Life Insurance
• Extra 5 days’ vacation per annum on top of the legislative entitlement
• Employee assistance program for employees and their family members
• Volunteering Day benefit
• Employee referral program
• Flexible working hours
• Remote Work/Home Office
ContactSolar Turbines Slovakia s.r.o.