Solar Digital as Customer Service group of Solar Turbines is the global organization responsible for InSight Platform technology and the relentless innovation of the entire ecosystem, capabilities, and customer user experience. Solar Digital is obsessively customer-centric with a passion for cutting edge technology. With deep expertise in cyber-security, machine data acquisition, software development, product knowledge, analytics, and regional teams around the world, it is dedicated to deliver digital solutions for Customer success.
Main Mission is to provide world-class secure digital solutions for asset lifecycle management to ensure our customers success. Solar Digital is building better, smarter world through technology partnerships with its customers. Highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software and services.
Cyber Security Engineer
Join Solar Turbines!
Solar Digital is a global product development organization focused on adding customer value through digital solutions, building commercial software and technology. We enhance the traditional product/service portfolio as well as pioneer new products, services, and business model to help our customers be successful.
As a Cybersecurity Engineer, you will contribute in software development community in order to deliver information technology components based on client or customer requirements.
What will be your task at this position?
• Provide Cybersecurity collaboration and advisory services to teams throughout Solar Digital application teams on securely architecting application and web solutions.
• Provide consulting, and support to application development teams throughout the secure software development life cycle on a variety of security domains, including, but not limited to: requirements gathering, secure coding and configuration, software testing, third-party component management and defect management.
• Consult with application development teams to embed security integrations into their existing pipeline, leveraging automation where possible.
• Keep up with industry application security knowledge and trends by participating in various external seminars and conferences as well as achieve and maintain externally recognized application security certifications.
• Provide support in the Identification of immediate & permanent corrective actions associated to securing applications with known vulnerabilities.
• Competent to analyze the requirements without close supervision.
• Competent to design, test and develop the software components that meet defined requirements.
• Able to detect and ensure the use of best coding practices (libraries, frameworks, APIs) and standard design patterns in software development.
• Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution.
• Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
• Create and analyze visual diagrams and methods - logical technical diagrams, flowcharts and models - that document the complexity of delivered services.
• Competent to troubleshoot and maintain existing code base in order to fix bugs or address client or consumer concerns.
• Leverage Agile practices during the whole software development lifecycle.
• Collaborate with a team of software and test engineers, designers, and data scientists to optimize and iterate on software solutions.
• Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Solar Digital management from time to time.
• Participate in application threat modeling and attack and penetration testing activities.
• Conduct cybersecurity risk assessments of Solar Digital/Caterpillar developed and purchased applications
What do we expect from a suitable candidate?
• Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience in Software engineering.
• Proven record of strong technical understanding.
• 3 years or more of relevant industry experience.
• 3 years or more of experience with designing, developing, delivering, and maintaining large scale enterprise web applications.
• 3 years or more of software engineering experience - frontend developer, backend developer, full-stack developer, mobile developer, etc.
• Strong understanding of Agile methodology, preferable Scaled Agile Framework.
Top candidates will also have:
• Ability to operate as individual contributor in a small team of developers during implementation of development activities.
• Interest in working collaboratively with engineering leadership, product owners, software developers and other stakeholders.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot production application issues.
• Ability to work independently without any (or minimal) degree of supervision.
• Understanding of Test-driven development
• Debugging and maintaining software in various platforms (Windows, Linux or Unix, etc.)
• Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
• Understanding of a micro service Architecture
• Ability to adapt quickly to a complex environment
• Some degree of Cloud experience.
• Pro-active thinking - being flexible and creative
• Self-motivated mentality - individual with passion in latest technology trends.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other team members.
• Experience with secure coding practices, DevSecOps and threat modeling
• Triaging, categorization & escalation of vulnerabilities
• Understanding of Identity and access management principles
• Understanding of OWASP top 10 (Web, Mobile & API), SANS 25, CVE's
• Experience with SonarQube, Fortify SCA & Web Inspect, JFrog Xray. Understanding of SAST, DAST, IAST & RASP tools
• Good written and oral communications skills in English
What is Solar Turbines offering to you?
• Excellent professional growth and career opportunities in an international environment of a worldwide leader in a very exciting and growing sector of industry
• Pension Plan - Company Contribution to III. Pillar
• Life Insurance
• Extra 5 days’ vacation per annum on top of the legislative entitlement
• Employee assistance program for employees and their family members
• Employee Referral Program
• Volunteering Day benefit
• Flexible working hours
• Remote Work / Home Office
ContactSolar Turbines Slovakia s.r.o.