Solar Digital as Customer Service group of Solar Turbines is the global organization responsible for InSight Platform technology and the relentless innovation of the entire ecosystem, capabilities, and customer user experience. Solar Digital is obsessively customer-centric with a passion for cutting edge technology. With deep expertise in cyber-security, machine data acquisition, software development, product knowledge, analytics, and regional teams around the world, it is dedicated to deliver digital solutions for Customer success.
Main Mission is to provide world-class secure digital solutions for asset lifecycle management to ensure our customers success. Solar Digital is building better, smarter world through technology partnerships with its customers. Highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software and services.
Software Engineer - Java
Join Solar Turbines!
Solar Digital is a global product development organization focused on adding customer value through digital solutions, building commercial software and technology. We enhance the traditional product/service portfolio as well as pioneer new products, services, and business model to help our customers be successful.
As a Java Software Engineer, you will contribute in software development community in order to deliver information technology components based on client or customer requirements.
What will be your task at this position?
• Professional experience building Enterprise Java applications.
• Demonstrable experience with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud frameworks.
• Strong experience in creating RESTful web services.
• Experience with NoSQL databases (Redis).
• Understand principals of Aspect-oriented programming (AOP).
• Java testing frameworks (JUnit/Mocks/WireMock/AssertJ etc.).
• Solid understanding of Git.
• Understanding of OpenID Connect and OAuth2 authentication protocols.
• Provide Cybersecurity collaboration and advisory services to teams throughout Solar Digital focusing on Java technology
• Consult with development teams to embed security integrations into their existing applications.
• Competent to analyze the requirements without close supervision.
• Competent to design, test and develop the software components that meet defined requirements.
• Able to detect and ensure the use of best coding practices (libraries, frameworks, APIs) and standard design patterns in software development.
• Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution.
• Create and analyze visual diagrams and methods - logical technical diagrams, flowcharts and models - that document the complexity of delivered services.
• Competent to troubleshoot and maintain existing code base in order to fix bugs or address client or consumer concerns.
• Leverage Agile practices during the whole software development lifecycle.
• Collaborate with a team of software and test engineers, designers, and data scientists to optimize and iterate on software solutions.
• Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Solar Digital management from time to time.
• Participate in application threat modeling and attack and penetration testing activities.
What do we expect from a suitable candidate?
• Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience in Software engineering.
• Proven record of strong technical understanding.
• 3 years or more of software engineering experience – Java Developer.
• Strong understanding of Agile methodology, preferable Scaled Agile Framework.
Top candidates will also have:
• Ability to operate as individual contributor in a small team of developers during implementation of development activities.
• Interest in working collaboratively with engineering leadership, product owners, software developers and other stakeholders.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot production application issues.
• Ability to work independently without any (or minimal) degree of supervision.
• Understanding of Test-driven development
• Debugging and maintaining software in various platforms (Windows, Linux or Unix, etc.)
• Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
• Ability to adapt quickly to a complex environment
• Some degree of Cloud experience (AWS).
• Azure DevOps experience
• Pro-active thinking - being flexible and creative
• Self-motivated mentality - individual with passion in latest technology trends.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other team members.
• Experience with secure coding practices, DevSecOps and threat modeling
• Understanding of OWASP top 10 (Web, Mobile & API), SANS 25, CVE's
• Experience with SonarQube, Fortify SCA & WebInspect, JFrog Xray. Understanding of SAST, DAST, IAST & RASP tools
• Good written and oral communications skills in English
What is Solar Turbines offering to you?
• Excellent professional growth and career opportunities in an international environment of a worldwide leader in a very exciting and growing sector of industry
• Pension Plan - Company Contribution to III. Pillar
• Life Insurance
• Extra 5 days’ vacation per annum on top of the legislative entitlement
• Employee assistance program for employees and their family members
• Employee Referral Program
• Volunteering Day benefit
• Flexible working hours
• Remote Work / Home Office
ContactSolar Turbines Slovakia s.r.o.